HubSpot is one of the world's leading marketing automation platforms .
Infinity’s integration with HubSpot enables clients to push phone calls into HubSpot where they can be surfaced on the timeline for the contact in question, giving clients a more complete view of the impact of their HubSpot campaigns.
When an end user who has responded to a HubSpot campaign makes a phone call, we will capture that call as an event and pass it into HubSpot
Clients are able to link phone calls back to the HubSpot activity that helped drive the call and see the call on the timeline for that contact
Setting up your HubSpot integration is a simple process with just two steps:
- Configuring the Integration in Infinity
- The code will capture the HubSpot usertoken as a custom variable.
This will add the code needed for the HubSpot integration into the code generator box. Then simply copy and paste the updated code onto your website pages, you can click copy to clipboard in the top right corner of the code generator to help you.
<!-- Infinity Tracking Code v2.0
Copyright Infinity 2020
var _ictt = _ictt || ;
_ictt.push(['_setIgrp','XXXX']); // Installation ID
ict.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'ict.infinity-tracking.net/js/nas.v1.min.js';
var scr = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); scr.parentNode.insertBefore(ict, scr);
<!-- Infinity Tracking Code End -->
The revised code should be placed just before the closing
</head> tag element within each page of the website as this will allow for the fastest execution.
Infinity's integration with HubSpot is a quick and easy way to surface call activity within HubSpot.
There are a couple of considerations to make when implementing the integration, firstly whether you want to create new contacts in HubSpot where they do not already exist, the PII settings for this integration, and how contact records are enriched.
Creating New Contacts
- Once a call to one of your tracking numbers end, we will send the call to HubSpot as a call event. We will either link the call activity to an existing HubSpot contact record or, optionally, create a new contact. The process is as follows:
- First, we will search for a HubSpot tracking cookie that identifies a caller's previous web sessions. If found, we'll link the cookied user with the call and surface the call on the contact's timeline in HubSpot.
- If there's no tracking cookie, we'll search your HubSpot contact phone numbers for a match. If a match is found, we'll add the call activity to the existing contact in HubSpot.
- If we cannot find any matches for a caller, we will not push the call into HubSpot. The use case is built around enriching known contacts with call events, rather than pushing in call event from unknown visitors who you might then struggle to contact.
- You can determine this behaviour using the "Automatically create new contacts" setting in the integration setup form.
- Infinity takes a safety-first approach to PII in integrations to prevent you from accidentally leaking personally identifiable information out of Infinity & into third party integrations.
- Our PII checkbox is unchecked by default, which means that caller ids pushed into third party platforms will be redacted, the last 4 digits being replaced by xxxx.
- We believe there is a strong case for enabling PII data in the HubSpot integration, since the caller id is used as part of the matching process, you may restrict the match-rate if you do not allow the caller id to pass into HubSpot unredacted.
Enriching Contact Records
- When a call is linked to a contact record in HubSpot, we will check to see if there is an existing phone number for that contact. If there isn't, we will push in the caller id from the call. If there is, we will not replace it with the caller id used on the call.
- You will, however, be able to see the caller id for the call on the Infinity Call event on the contact's timeline, so you will be able to add it to the record yourself if you wish.