Before you can start the process of setting up the integration within Infinity you will need to ensure the following are correctly set up within your AdWords Account:
- You have auto-tagging enabled
- You have set up a new import conversion type for our Infinity calls to go to
Setting up an Import Conversion Type in AdWords
- You need to create a new conversion type – called "import" – for each kind of offline conversion you'd like to measure, such as "Qualified Call" or a "Call Connected". You can measure as many offline conversion types as you want.
- Here's how to create a new type of offline conversion:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.co.uk
- Click the Tools tab, and select Conversions from the drop-down menu
- Click the + Conversion button
- For the 'Source' of the conversion, select 'Import'
- When prompted to select what you want to import, check 'Conversions from Clicks'
- Enter a name for the conversion type that you're creating. (It's important that you remember the exact name and spelling because you'll need to select this name later, when you are selecting which Conversion type to Import from Infinity)
- Select an optional conversion value if you wish. The value will apply to any imported conversions that don't already have an assigned conversion value. If you are assigning values to your calls and goals in Infinity (eg. Call ratings or goal values) and want these to apply to this conversion type you are creating you should make the conversion '0' on the appropriate Value type within Adwords.
- Select the conversion category that best fits your new conversion
- Click 'Save & Continue'
- On the next screen, you'll see a link to this Help Centre article, which explains how to prepare your data and import your conversions
- Click Finished
Setting up your AdWords integration
Please follow the process below to set up your AdWords integration:
- Log into the Portal
- Navigate to the Admin section of the Portal
- Select Add Integration
- Select Google AdWords
- Select Authorise Infinity
- This will bring you to an authentication screen
- If you are already logged in your accounts will be displayed
- If you are not logged in you will be presented with a screen to enter your credentials
- Select Sign In
- Select your Google AdWords account from the drop down list
- Select your Google AdWords ‘Import’ Conversion Type, if this is not shown you will need to double check the setup of your ‘Import Conversion’ Type for Infinity Calls within your AdWords account. The tracking status is what is updated, once the integration is configured.
- Select +Add to ‘send all calls’ (recommended) or select the unique criteria you would like to send in, e.g. all goals with a goal name of “Qualified Call”.
- Select Save and the integration is complete
Where will you see the data in AdWords
- Conversion actions
- You are able to see your offline conversions broken down within your AdWords Keyword Report by adding a segment of Conversion > Conversion Name. Once the goal is in place you should start to see the Goal Value being passed through to AdWords within this view. Please let us know if this is not the case.